It is an individualised and specialised, exercise-based rehabilitation program and it is delivered by certified PINC Cancer Rehab Physiotherapists.
WHAT THE PINC PROGRAM AIMS TO DO FOR YOU:
- Optimise physical and functional recovery
- Ease pain and muscular tension
- Regain strength and mobility
- Increase energy levels and improve breathing
- Strengthen core muscles and improve posture
- Improve physical functioning and maintain independence
- Reclaim body confidence and control
- Reduce treatment related side effects and
- Shift focus from illness to wellness
WHAT IS INVOLVED:
A detailed 60-minute assessment is completed on your first session. During this appointment, we will take the time to get to know you, learn about your diagnosis and your cancer journey so far. We will review your goals and complete a thorough physical assessment. From here we can work together to develop an individualised treatment plan for you.
Follow up sessions are usually for 30 minutes.
Treatment may include:
- Manual physiotherapy
- Advice and education on how to safely get back to exercise
- Individualised exercise prescription
- Resistance training including Clinical Pilates
- Balance re-training
- Fatigue management
- Breathing and relaxation exercises
- Small group exercise classes
WHO IS THE PROGRAM SUITABLE FOR?
The PINC program is designed to care support and guide woman through every stage of their treatment and recovery. It is suitable after any type of cancer surgery or treatment and accommodates all ages, fitness levels and mobility.
WILL MY INSURANCE COVER MY VISIT?
Private health rebates are available. Please check with your health fund for specific amounts.
Part of the cost of the PINC physiotherapy sessions may be covered under Medicare for those with an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC)/Chronic Disease Management (CDM) plan via their GP. Please chat to us for more information on this.
TAKE THE FIRST STEPS ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY
Please contact us to find out about how the PINC Program can help you or visit au.pincandsteel.com for online resources regarding the PINC Program benefits.